Suckers. Don't you know tales fall at the pleasure of the teller?Well, Número Uno figured that out today.
Yesterday was the girls birthday party with little people and they received (insert drum roll) among the hordes of other gifts, a little cloth play house/puppet show house. After haranguing me from my bed this morning, Abby and Savannah (in all her croupy enthusiasm) "helped" me put it together. A series of productions promptly began.
From downstairs, I could hear the following:
Savannah: Once upon a time, there was a prince and a princess
Abby: Just like you, Daddy!
Savannah: And they were going to the ball but met a dragon who ate them up.
N.O.: What?
Savannah: So then they went to heaven and were happy until they got eaten by the dragon again.
N.O.: WHAT?!
Savannah: They were eaten up, Daddy!
N.O.: That's it. I'm out.
He came down the stairs looking slightly more scarred than usual and I'll be listening to see if his dreams are punctuated by medivial reptilian references.
No comments:
Post a Comment