I have become aware of a new legal authority whose vast knowledge trumps all that I and número Uno might have. Now, I'm aware how limited my own understanding is so the people who could be considered a higher authority are more numerous rather than less. But you forget Número Uno's expansive and frequently untapped knowledge! Between the two of us, we should have this parenting thing down! At least, semi-down. Okay, hanging on by our fingernails!
Now, who could this great authority figure be? A legislative official? A religious leader? A teacher other than myself? I say nay. Nay to all of these. According to my dear son, my declarations are often in conflict with that authority who knows all - that kid from class. Based on Drew's responses, this kid from class is the unrecognized authority on all. Bedtime announcement? That kid from class says that we should all go to bed an hour later. Dinner on the table? That kid from class reveals the subtle poisoning that creamed spinach causes to growing bodies. (It's edible for grownups only.) Soccer practice time? That kid from class said practice was cancelled even though he doesn't play soccer. New video game release date? That kid from class listed five other kids who already have that game even though it won't be released for another week and a half. (Showed Drew the official game website with release announcement twice!)
In my realization of my complete lack of knowledge, I will be forwarding all questions about life, major decisions, and menu selection to the one and only: that kid from the class.
No comments:
Post a Comment